Vendor Managed Inventory
We've been in business since the 20th century. Serving a global market, and meeting stringent demands, on-time every time.
High Quality, Economical IT Service Parts Before You Need Them...
Serving the IT industry since 1997. Specializing in next-day service parts for all of your IT equipment..
Vendor Managed Inventory
PC Parts, Inc. (PCPI) provides best in class, niche, business process outsourcing for the IT hardware repair/ service supply chain.
PCPI offers a unique suite of logistical and system integration services coupled with proprietary data informatics that facilitate the strategic inventory planning, distribution, logistics and transportation of critical service parts in the field prior to their consumption.
PCPI utilizes a blend of reverse engineering and remanufacturing techniques to enhance product quality and value.
PCPI has developed a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) program that actively manages parts in the field for our customers. The VMI program applies proprietary logic and informatics to historical parts consumption to make a predictive analysis as to the failure of certain parts in the future. When warranted, PCPI will forward those parts into the field, in advance of a failure event.
- Central Stocking Location (CSL): For diffuse consumption of parts, inventory is aggregated in PCPI’s primary warehouse facilities in Harrisburg, PA
- Customer Owned Field Stocking Location (FSL): For consumption at the service organization level, parts are forwarded to the customers primary facility and/or to individual technician depots
- End-User Field Stocking Location (FSL): For consumption of parts by one particular end-user, parts are forwarded to a “closet” location at the end-user facility for use by the customer’s technicians.
- Independent/ 3rd Party Field Stocking Location (3PL): For consumption of parts by multiple customers and multiple end-users in on concentric geographic location, parts are consigned into a third-party independent FSL. PCPI has established a national network of FSL’s in order to ensure quick delivery and reduced freight costs through the consolidation and efficiency of the distributed inventory sites.
- Increased first call resolution for field engineers
- Reduced overnight transportation expenses (forward logistics)
- Eliminated return transportation expenses (reverse logistics)
- Eliminated costs of provisioning service parts inventory (carrying costs, obsolescence costs, opportunity cost)
- Enhanced logistics (warehousing & transportation) and inventory planning (iterative weekly rebalance)
- Enabled systems integration to reduced parts procurement and logistics administration
- Enhanced field service tools to include DirecTech & PCPI WebApp
Latest From the News
Recent headlines and news articles featuring PC Parts
PC Parts, Inc. Winner of Governors Impact Award for Community Impact
May 23rd, 2013
PC Parts, Inc. is very proud to announce that they have been awarded the Governors Impact Award for Community Impact. PC Parts was chosen to participate among over 250,000 statewide organizations and was selected as the champion of the South Central PA region.
View Press Release »
PC Parts, Inc. Launches iFix2Go
Aug 6th, 2012
PC Parts, Inc. is proud to announce its newest endeavor iFix2Go (www.ifix2go.com ) has landed a spot on the front page of the Central Penn Business Journal.
iFix2Go is a retail oriented iProduct (iPhone, iPad, and iPod) repair organization located in ‘high foot traffic’ areas like shopping centers and malls.
iFix2Go also offers the above in a B to B, re-branded, depot service, and iPad insurance offering (iFix2Go Guard) available for the IT 3rd Party Service Provider/ Value Added Reseller community to market to its customers.
The below article focuses on our very first location, a kiosk at the Park City Center Mall:
View for article »
PC Parts, Inc. named on Inc. 500/5000 List for third year in a row...
Sep 10th, 2012
PC Parts, Inc. Upcoming Conference Schedule for 2012
Mar 6th, 2012
PC Parts, Inc. will be attending the below conferences in the first half of 2012. We look forward to seeing both our vendors and customers at these events. If a representative from your organization will be in attendance at these shows and is interested in scheduling time with PC Parts, Inc. please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Service Industry Association March 11-13 Las Vegas, NV
• CompTIA Annual Member Meeting April 10-12 Chicago, IL
• ITEX April 17-20 Las Vegas, NV
• CompTIA Breakaway July 30-Aug 2 Las Vegas, NV
PC Parts, Inc. is number 36 among the area's Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies...
Sep 19th, 2011